This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies are made with a dark chocolate cookie and all of the flavor you love from that favorite spicy hot chocolate drink!
I love a good cookie. I also love a big, warm mug of Mexican hot chocolate. Combining the two is a no brainer, in my humble opinion. Ha. If you are like me, you’ll definitely want to make these cookies soon. So simple to make, I love that they are a bit different from the cookies that I usually am making. They are perfect anytime, but are especially delicious in cooler weather with a mug of hot chocolate to go along with them. The flavors of the cookies are out of this world and make for a favorite on the cookie platter! It is also pretty fitting that I’m sharing this cookie recipe with you today of all days, since today Mama and I are in Cozumel on our cruise. We left last Saturday for a cruise to the Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Carribean Princess and have been having a blast!
We’ve read, napped, shopped, spent time in the spa and eaten more than either of us could have imagined we’d have eaten in our lives! Did I mention we’ve napped? I do wish I’d packed a few of these cookies to bring along to share with our hosts for our excursion. I think they’ll deserve them after trying to teach us how to salsa dance! Talk about two left feet and no rhythm. That’d be us!
Here’s my Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookie recipe. I just know you are going to love them!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cream butter then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, chile powder, cinnamon, and baking soda to butter mixture. Mix well and then stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet spacing well apart to allow room for the cookie to spread lightly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I am making these cookies right now. Love that mug, are they available for sale somewhere?
Sadly the marshmallows ran in my cookies too. Any idea what happened?
The marshmallows do melt and spread a bit while baking. I use mini marshmallows in the cookies which limits the amount of spread that they make. I hope that helps!
These. Are. Awesome. Made them last night for a Mexican-themed dinner party and they were a HUGE hit. I pressed three marshmallows into the top of each cookie prior to baking and they spread minimally; plus they were nice and browned on top which looked awesome. I think I’ll add more chili powder and cinnamon next time for extra kick. Thank you!