Mulled Apple Cider makes a delicious drink throughout the fall and winter. A seasonal favorite, this mulled apple cider recipe is easily prepared for gatherings large and small!
My family loves a cup of warm mulled apple cider. We start making it as soon as the evening air becomes crisp and cool and enjoy it throughout the fall and winter months!
I love to have a pot of it simmering on the stovetop for my family or in the slow cooker when we’re having friends over to watch the game, tailgating or camping in the RV, and I love pulling out my large urn throughout the holidays when we are entertaining.
Everyone seems to gravitate to a warm mug of mulled apple cider and it always makes my house smell amazing!
I like to keep my mulled apple cider simple and easy, with items that I likely keep on hand.
Good apple cider as a base is pretty understandable. One that you’d enjoy drinking on its own is what I’d recommend. Then, to that, I include apples, oranges, cinnamon, and cloves.
Here’s my Mulled Apple Cider recipe. Make it soon! I think you’ll love it!
Mulled Apple Cider Recipe
- 1 gallon apple cider , or store bought
- 6 whole cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
Slow Cooker Method
- Add all ingredients to an electric slow cooker and heat on a low setting for about 1 hour or until cider has warmed throughout.
- Add all ingredients to a large, heavy stockpot or Dutch oven and allow to simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- !Coffee Urn Method
- Place all spices and fruit into a large piece of cheesecloth and tie together with a piece of kitchen twine. Add to the apple cider in the base of large electric coffee urn and allow to warm before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.