Nutella Buttercream Frosting – for the Nutella lover like my son, this is the epitome of the perfect frosting.
Lighter in color than a full chocolate buttercream frosting, or even my espresso buttercream frosting, this Nutella Buttercream Frosting has enough Nutella flavor in it without being totally overpowering.
You get the delicious Nutella flavor without feeling like you are eating straight Nutella on top of your cupcake or cake or cookie. However, if that’s your thing, by all means, do it. It is delicious. I may or may not have tried that a time or two myself. But seriously, if I want that all I need is a knife or spoon and the jar of Nutella. Right?
So, if Nutella is your thing or a favorite of someone you love, then make this Nutella Buttercream Frosting for them soon. Like for their birthday, or anniversary, or to celebrate going back to school, or heading off to college, or a random Tuesday afternoon because you want to. Either way, they’ll love it.
I topped white cupcakes I made using my Best White Cake Recipe. They worked perrrrrfectly together. Mmmmmmmmm!
Here’s my Nutella Buttercream Frosting Recipe. Hope you love it.
Nutella Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3½ – 4 cups confectioner’s sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half heavy cream or whole milk
- pinch of salt
- Cream together butter and ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time. After each cup of sugar has been added, add Nutella 1 tablespoon at a time, then add vanilla and then beat on high for about 20 seconds to lighten the frosting.
- Add half-and-half, one tablespoon at a time until the buttercream has reached a consistency where it will hold it’s shape. Add pinch of salt and whip on high for a final 20 seconds.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to three days. To use once refrigerated, slowly allow to reach room temperature and then beat on low speed until the buttercream is smooth before using.