Mercy me! These Parmesan Chive Biscuits are the stuff dreams are made of! And y’all know how much I love, love, love biscuits!
And these Parmesan Chive Biscuits are absolutely perfect with so many dishes. The flavors from the Parmesan and chives aren’t too much, but lend these delicious little clouds of heaven the perfect little something extra to make them disappear in a blink.
You’ll definitely want to give these Parmesan Chive Biscuits a try with roasted chicken, a light spinach salad, or even a tomato soup. They really just enhance the flavors of so many dishes.
Once you start making these babies, be ready for requests for them.
Just warning ya.
Here’s my Parmesan Chive Biscuits recipe. I can’t wait to hear what you serve them with.
Parmesan Chive Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening + more for baking pan
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1¼ cups buttermilk + more for tops
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives + more for tops
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Cut shortening and very cold butter into dry ingredients of flour, salt and sugar.
- Slowly pour milk into your dry ingredients. Mix lightly. Fold in grated Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently pat into a round disc about ½ inch thick. Cut dough with a sharp metal or glass cutter.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of shortening to your baking pan and place into oven to melt, about 2 or 3 minutes. Once melted, remove from oven and tilt pan to make sure the bottom of the baking pan is well-coated.
- Carefully place each biscuit into the hot grease on the baking pan. You’ll hear a bit of a sizzle as the bottom of the biscuit fries a bit in the hot grease.
- Brush tops with buttermilk and then sprinkle with additional chives.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake until the biscuits have risen and are lightly browned, about 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
If you enjoy this recipe, you’ll also love: