This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
While we’re on vacation this week at Disney, I decided to whip up these peanut butter and jelly cookies. They were sort of born out of my son’s constant answer when I ask him what he wants for lunch this week.
Every day, I’ll say, “What would you like for lunch today?”
“Oh, I don’t know.”
“Would you like a hamburger, a hot dog, some grilled chicken? Or what about a ham sandwich? Any of that sound good?”
“No, not really. I think I just want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.”
And since we brought Little Buddy’s friend along with us this week, his answers have been about the same as my son’s. Whatever one wants, so does the other.
So, yesterday afternoon, as my husband took the boys swimming and I caught up on the endless mound of laundry, I decided to whip up a batch of these babies for the boys.
And they were every bit as delicious as I remembered.
Here’s the recipe for my peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies. They are perfect for those peanut butter and jelly lovers.
Peanut Butter Jelly Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 1/2 cup favorite jelly
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and cream together with butter and peanut butter until really creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg and cream together with peanut butter mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, mixing until well-combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll dough in granulated sugar and place onto baking sheet. Gently press your thumb or finger into the center of the cookie dough to form an indention.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookie is firm. Allow to cool completely and then fill indention with your favorite jelly.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you love peanut butter and/ or as much as we do, you may enjoy these recipes.