Peanut Butter Cup Blondies Recipe
This Peanut Butter Cup Blondies recipe is always a crowd favorite! So easy and perfect for the peanut butter and chocolate lover!
One of Sam’s favorite treats has always been peanut butter cups. Really, he loves them in whatever form he can get them. Peanut butter balls, peanut butter eggs, even the trees that they make during Christmas holidays. He adores them.
So, this week, I decided to surprise him when he came home from school with a pan of these peanut butter cup blondies. They are easy as can be to make and they are absolutely scrumptious! Think soft peanut butter cookies mingled with peanut butter cups and topped with more peanut butter and chocolate. Yes, they are a special treat indeed!
To make them, I began by making the base blondie mixture. I mixed together my softened butter, peanut butter, and sugars until they were well combined and creamy. I then added my eggs and beat them into the peanut butter mixture. Next came the vanilla, flour, and baking soda. Once the blondie batter was well combined, I pressed it into my 9×13 baking pan.
I then placed my individual peanut butter cups on top of the blondie mixture until I had them arranged like I wanted and then pressed them into the batter. I put them into the oven to bake for 30 minutes and then removed them from the oven and let them cool completely.
As they were finishing up cooling, I melted my chocolate and peanut butter to drizzle on top of my peanut butter cup blondies. You can definitely skip that step if you’d like, but boy does it make them look amazing!
When I baked them, I used a 9×13 baking pan from Reynolds® Kitchens Bakeware. I love that these pans are nonstick and do not require you to use oil or nonstick cooking spray, making these a definite go-to favorite of mine!
I love to use them when I cook a recipe to take with family or friends or when we are traveling. That way, no one has to worry about returning or babying a dish and I know that whatever I make in them will easily release every time!
Just pop on the top and go!
I think anyone would appreciate it when you show up armed with a pan of these!
I also love that I can make items ahead wrap them in foil and freeze them for up to three months in these pans. It makes them just right for making ahead or even for freezing portions for later.
The best thing, they work for sweet and savory dishes! Hoorah!
Here’s my Peanut Butter Cup Blondies recipe. I hope you love them!
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 40 miniature peanut butter cups unwrapped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, and sugars with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg, followed by the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Press the blondie batter into the pan.
- Arrange peanut butter cups on top of the blondie batter. Then, press into the batter. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from the oven to cool.
- Drizzle top of the baked and cooled peanut butter cup blondies with melted chocolate and then with melted peanut butter.
Store Peanut Butter Cup Blondies in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
I am excited to partner with Reynolds® Kitchens for this post.