This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pizza Sauce Recipe – This pizza sauce recipe is perfect for homemade pizzas! This is so easy to make using simple ingredients for delicious pizza nights!
Homemade Pizza Sauce is one of my essential recipes for a terrific pizza night. Well, that and my perfect pizza dough.
Luckily, my pizza sauce is so incredibly simple and easy to make that you can throw it together in just a few minutes with ingredients that you most likely already have on hand in your pantry. And since it keeps well in the refrigerator, you can easily make this homemade pizza sauce and keep it on hand for family pizza night or when your family has friends over.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
In my son’s mind, there isn’t anything more fun than inviting his buddies over to hang out for an afternoon, followed by making homemade pizzas and watching a movie. And of course, I love it when they are all at my house!
How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce
To make the best sauce at home is incredibly easy – and comes together so simply with ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry!
Add olive oil, onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and seasonings to a 3 quart saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir well to combine and allow to a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent the pizza sauce from sticking. Remove from heat. If pizza sauce seems a bit chunky, use an immersion blender or regular blender to make it rich and creamy. Use your pizza sauce immediately or allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Favorite Ways to Use Pizza Sauce
This homemade pizza sauce is so delicious on pizza, but it is so perfect in so many ways! Here are some of my favorites:
Stromboli – Use as a dipping sauce with this tasty dish!
So, why not start a pizza night tradition at your house. If you do, be sure to make this sauce! You’ll love it!
Here’s my Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced, optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano optional
- Add all ingredients to a 3-quart saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir well to combine and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent the pizza sauce from sticking.
- Remove from heat and use immediately or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.