Are you ready for this? Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms? Let me just tell you that you are. You really are.
I threw these together the other day in less than 15 minutes. Yep, 15 minutes.
They set some sort of a pizza record in my house, too.
Since you all know how much I love mushrooms and we love making pizza, these were really bound to happen sooner than later.
Let me tell you how I made them.
Don’t blink because this is going to go fast!
I started with large portabello caps and remove the stems.
Then, I spooned in about a tablespoon of pizza sauce. If you want to make your own, that’s perfectly fine. I just used a premade kind that my son enjoys.
Next I tossed on some pepperoni and then grated Monterrey Jack cheese.
Then I threw my skillet in the oven under the broiler for 8 minutes.
And this is what they did.
Oh my gosh are they scrumptious!
And so full of flavor.
You really don’t miss the pizza dough.
Not even a little bit.
So, there you have it. My pizza stuffed mushrooms.
These are perfect for a really quick-fix lunch or supper, after-school snack, or appetizer for the big game (you know that’s coming soon, right?)
I bet if you serve these you’ll automatically be awarded best food of the game.
And you won’t have to tell them how easy they are to make either.
So, be sure to pick up plenty of large mushroom caps at the grocery store for making these pizza stuffed mushrooms. Your family will love you for it!
Here’s my Pizza Stuffed Mushroom Recipe. The directions are for four mushrooms, just increase for the number you are serving.
- 4 large mushroom caps
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 8-12 pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to broil at 500º F.
- Place mushroom caps in a skillet. Spoon in about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce per mushroom cap. Top with pepperoni slices and cheese.
- Place skillet into oven for 8-10 minutes, until mushroom has softened and cheese has begun to melt and bubble slightly. Do not overbake.
- If mushroom does not soften on the broil setting, remove skillet from the oven and place on the stove for about 3-5 minutes.
Are you looking for more great recipes for the game? Here are a few you might enjoy: