Roast Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives makes a delicious dish for a quick weeknight supper. So fast, so easy and so healthy, you’ll love this chicken recipe!
There are times that I absolutely crave briny black olives with tomatoes, onions and a bit of garlic. I mean just the thought of it has me conjuring all sorts of ways that I can make it for a meal that my whole family will enjoy.
I’m sure if I googled craving black olives and tomatoes, it would return all sorts of ailments of which my craving is a symptom.
Do you ever do that?
Do you ever google some odd ball thing like “craving black olives” and then just pray it doesn’t mean you have some weird problem that you really wish you didn’t know you had in the first place, because all you really want is just to eat some black olives?
Yeah. Me either.
But, yesterday was one of those days. And since I’d already planned to roast chicken, this delicious dish was the natural choice.
To cook it, I began by drizzling a bit of olive oil into a saute pan (you could also use a large skillet), quickly sauteing my onions, garlic, tomatoes and black olives over medium heat on the stove. Then I added my chicken and popped it into the oven until the juices ran clear from the chicken when I pricked it with a sharp knife.
In about 30 minutes, I had this one pot meal on the table and we were all happily digging in.
The best thing? Everyone loved it and were none the wiser of my weirdo craving.
Here’s my Chicken with Tomatoes and Black Olives Recipe. I think you’ll enjoy it if you love black olives like I do!
Roast Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can pitted black olives, drained
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium saute pan or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until the onions just begin to become tender. Stir in tomatoes and black olives and arrange chicken breasts in pan.
- Mix together salt, paprika, cumin, and pepper and sprinkle on top of the chicken. Place into preheated oven and bake until juices of the chicken run clear when pricked with a sharp knife, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle on fresh parsley, if using.