This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These salted caramel pecan cookies are the perfect blend of buttery salted caramel and nutty flavor of the pecan pieces. It is one of my very favorite cookies!
This past weekend, my friend Amy and I got together for a fun girls’ weekend at her family’s house in the mountains. The trees are just beginning to turn, like just barely beginning, not to the all-out glory of vivid hues of yellow, gold and red, but just the very hints of what is to come in just a few short weeks. The air was also just a bit crisper than what I’ve been experiencing at home lately. Even though Amy texted me a couple of times to remember to bring my jacket, what did I forget? My jacket! Thankfully, I had packed a cardigan that I wore the entire weekend. Like, the ENTIRE weekend.
We visited a few of our favorite places for shopping, coffee and brunch and wore yoga pants and watched marathon episodes of Modern Family while we discussed the worlds’ problems of white jeans after Labor Day, Dunkin Donuts coffee versus Starbucks, and how to prepare in case of an Ebola outbreak. Believe me, we had solutions! Or at least we thought we did at the moment. We also found a little bit of time on Friday to do some cooking and baking together while it was raining. You know, I’d say that’s just what food bloggers do when they get together, but it seems like we’d be doing that whether we were food bloggers or not. Cooking and baking is just our “thing”, I guess!
These salted caramel pecan cookies were definitely one of my favorites that we made. They couldn’t have been any easier either! They are perfect for the fall with the mingling of flavors from the caramel, pecans, and the buttery cookie, but I have a feeling they’ll be happening at my house throughout the year.
We won’t talk about the five pounds I think I gained this weekend. I think it was because of the sweater. Ha!
Here’s the recipe for my Salted Caramel Pecan Cookies. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Salted Caramel Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 36 caramels cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces or chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line rimmed baking sheet with baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated. Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture until well-combined. Stir in caramel and pecan.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and drop onto prepared baking pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Delicious ive made these before. I have some picky people who don’t like pecans. Would it still turn out good if I just used caramel
These will still be good without the pecans.