This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Zucchini bread makes a favorite bread recipe and with the twist of this salted caramel version, it will surely become a favorite way to enjoy your zucchini!
I’m not sure what it is about the salted caramel, but it just seems that whatever I add it to – even if I’ve raved about that recipe for years – just gets exponentially better. Take my family’s zucchini bread recipe. It is one that I’ve eaten and loved since I was a little girl. It’s one that has been in my family for years before I was even a thought in my parents’ minds. In other words, it’s an old, old, old, old recipe! Ha!
The other day when I was making it, I decided to add a fun new flavor element to it by adding in some salted caramel I’d made. Oh boy! Talk about being such a difference that I don’t want to make it without it again anytime soon!
Then, once the bread came out of the oven, I took the liberty of pouring some over the top. I know! While it was probably totally unnecessary, it sure was delicious! It soaked into the warm bread almost like you’d expect from a cake you’ve poked holes into, but not nearly as much. When I sat down with a slice and my morning coffee, I immediately thought how much I wish you all were able to have a bite. So, so delicious!
Here’s my Salted Caramel Zucchini Bread recipe. You need to make it soon. Very soon!
Salted Caramel Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Prepare two loaf pans with butter or shortening and lightly flouring. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff, set aside.
- Add coconut oil, sugar, caramel sauce, zucchini, vanilla to egg yolks in large mixing bowl and beat until well-combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Add pecans if using and combine.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Allow zucchini bread to cool in the pans for about five minutes before turning out onto a serving tray. Pour additional caramel sauce over bread, if you choose to do so.