Simple Chicken Nuggets Recipe – A classic lunch and dinner dish, this recipe is ready in 30 minutes without frying! Oven baked and delicious!
Chicken Nuggets crept into my family’s diet about the time Little Buddy was a little over two years old. We were at a friend’s birthday party and they were serving Chic-fil-a chicken nuggets to all of the children that were there. This was the first time my son had tasted them and with one little bite, he was completely hooked.
Since then, I’ve tried so many ways to prepare chicken nuggets that are simple, quick, and really flavorful. This recipe is one of my absolutely favorites. Start to finish, these chicken nuggets are ready in 30 minutes. They deliver on the flavor and the recipe could not be simpler to make.
Oh yeah, and my family loves them. I think that’s probably the number one reason this recipe is such a keeper!
Here’s how I make them.
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix together your flour, thyme, paprika, and salt.
Give it all a quick stir to mix it up really well.
Take a package of chicken tenderloins and cut them into about 1″ – 2″ pieces.
Then, just drop them into your herbed flour.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour your melted butter into your baking dish.
Add you chicken nuggets to the baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and watch them disappear!
These chicken nuggets also make a great make-ahead recipe. You can easily make these and then refrigerate to be reheated later.
Simple Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, about 12
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Mix together flour, thyme, paprika, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut chicken tenderloins into 1″-2″ pieces depending on preference.
- Spray baking dish with butter flavored non-stick cooking spray. Pour melted butter into baking dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture and place into baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, turning about halfway through cooking.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.