Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe – This quick and easy, one skillet Garlic Basil Chicken recipe comes together quickly for a fresh, delicious meal the whole family will love! Made with less than 10 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes!
There are so many things to love about this recipe. It is made with less than 10 ingredients (most of which I keep on hand!), it only uses one skillet to cook (and clean!), it is ready and on the table in 30 minutes, and it tastes out of this world delicious! But the number one reason that I love this Garlic Basil Chicken recipe is that my family loves it – and that, my friends, means more than anything to me.
There’s just something special about making meals that you know your family will love as you gather around the table, but like everyone, time is of the essence around my house. We have those normal after school schedules that I’m sure most of you contend with where we’re rushing from one activity or event to another. Thankfully, recipes like this one keep us in balance – or at least they do for me! Meals like this are simple and fast enough for the busiest of weeknights while still being comforting and delicious!
The ingredients make all the difference.
Starting with delicious ingredients, preparing them with care, and coaxing the most flavor out of every dish is key to me. And friends, this one is a definite winner!
I thought I’d tell you a little about how I make it.
I start by sprinkling both sides of my boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and about 1 teaspoon of the basil. Now, let me pause right here and tell you about the basil that I used in this recipe.
I used the Basil Herb Grinder by McCormick. The basil is gently dried as larger leaves so that when you grind it, you immediately smell the intense, fresh basil aroma! They are perfect for using while cooking, for garnish, and on the table to add a pinch more if needed! Available in basil, Italian seasoning, parsley and oregano, I just can’t get enough of them!
Once I have the chicken seasoned, I heat about 2 tablespoons of my olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once it has heated, I add my chicken and cook it on both sides to make sure it is nice and brown and cooked through. Once it is, I remove it to a plate and set aside.
I reduce the heat to medium-low and let the skillet cool down for just a minute or so before adding the remaining olive oil, the tomato sauce, butter, garlic, and about 1 tablespoon of the basil. I love to scrape up any of the browned bits from the chicken that may be on the skillet as I’m stirring together my sauce.
Once I have the sauce well combined, I add back in my chicken. I love to top it with another bit of the basil and then cover the skillet and let it continue to cook while I prepare my zucchini noodles.
To serve, I portion my zucchini noodles into individual bowls, spoon on a bit of the garlic basil sauce, top it with chicken and garnish with more basil.
Believe me, the flavor is absolutely amazing! No one would ever guess that you prepared it so quickly!
Here’s my Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium fresh zucchini, spiralized or shaved
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken generously with salt, pepper, and about ½ teaspoon of the basil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for several minutes on each side until browned on both sides and cooked throughout. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, tomato sauce, butter, garlic and about 1 tablespoon of the basil and stir to combine until the butter is melted. Return the chicken to the skillet, top with about 1 teaspoon of the basil, cover and cook a few more minutes.
- Portion zucchini noodles into individual serving bowls. Spoon on some of the Garlic Basil Sauce and top with chicken and remaining basil.
This post was in partnership with McCormick. To learn more about the new McCormick Herb Grinders and some simple recipes to put them to use, click here!