Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe – This delicious Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken recipe with savory chicken, sauce and zucchini cooks in one skillet in 30 minutes for a family favorite meal!
There are so many things to love about this recipe. It is made with less than 10 ingredients, most of which I keep on hand in the pantry. It uses one skillet to cook the entire recipe. I have it on the table in 30 minutes or less. But my favorite thing about this dish is how absolutely delicious it is. It is definitely a family favorite dish!
Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken
There’s just something special about making meals that you know your family will love. But like everyone, time is of the essence around my house. We have those normal busy family schedules that I’m sure most of you have as well. Thankfully, recipes like this are simple and fast enough for the busiest of weeknights, while still being comforting and delicious!
The ingredients make all the difference. Starting with delicious ingredients, preparing them with care, and coaxing the most flavor out of every dish is key to me. And this dish is one that certainly does all that!
This Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken is super quick and easy to make and uses ingredients you most likely have on hand. Here’s how I make it.
How to Make Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken
I start by sprinkling both sides of my boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and about 1 teaspoon of the basil.
While I enjoy using fresh basil much of the time, I used dried ground basil in this particular recipe. You can definitely use fresh basil but I made this recipe with dried seasonings most people will have in their pantry.
Once I have the chicken seasoned, I heat about 2 tablespoons of my olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once it has heated, I add my chicken and cook it on both sides to make sure it is slightly browned and cooked through. When the chicken is done, I remove it to a plate and set aside.
I reduce the heat to medium-low and let the skillet cool down for just a minute or so before adding the remaining olive oil, the tomato sauce, butter, garlic, and about 1 tablespoon of the basil. I love to scrape up any of the browned bits from the chicken that may be on the skillet as I’m stirring together my sauce.
Once I have the sauce well combined, I add back in my chicken. I love to top it with another bit of the basil and then cover the skillet and let it continue to cook while I prepare my zucchini pasta.
To serve, I portion my zucchini noodles into individual bowls, spoon on a bit of the garlic basil sauce, top it with chicken and garnish with more basil.
The flavor is absolutely amazing! You’ll be so pleased with how simple and quick it is to make this dish!
Here’s my Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Skillet Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium fresh zucchini, spiralized or shaved
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken generously with salt, pepper, and about 1/2 teaspoon of the basil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for several minutes on each side until browned on both sides and cooked throughout. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, tomato sauce, butter, garlic and about 1 tablespoon of the basil and stir to combine until the butter is melted. Return the chicken to the skillet, top with about 1 teaspoon of the basil, cover and cook a few more minutes.
- Portion zucchini noodles into individual serving bowls. Spoon on some of the Garlic Basil Sauce and top with chicken and remaining basil.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.