This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I was craving this Smoked Lobster Tails recipe for a while and then low and behold if it didn’t blow me away even more than I remembered when I tasted it again the other day.
If you enjoy lobster in any way, shape or form, then this smoked lobster tails recipe is absolutely for you.
And wouldn’t it be perfect for the seafood lover for Mother’s Day?
Let me tell you how I made it.
They are as simple as can be to make and only have three ingredients!
Yes, just three!
While my husband had our Big Green Egg heating, I started prepping the lobster tails for cooking.
Using my poultry scissors, I cut the shell to expose the lobster meat.
Then, I released the meat from the inside of the shell by running my finger alongside the shell.
I had melted a bit of butter over medium-low heat with a couple of whole garlic cloves for added flavor on top of the range while I was working away to open up the lobster tails.
Then, I placed the tails on a rimmed baking sheet that I’d lined with parchment paper.
I drizzled a few tablespoons into each of the open lobster tails.
Then, I took them out onto the back porch for my husband to work his magic on the Egg. Boy, can he make that thing sing!
He smoked the lobster tails until the internal temperature registers between 135 – 140 degrees. Then, we removed and allowed them to rest a few minutes.
Man oh man, was it scrumptious!
Here’s my Smoked Lobster Tails recipe. You definitely don’t want to miss this!
Smoked Lobster Tails Recipe
- 4-6 lobster tails
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- Preheat smoker to 400º F.
- Open lobster tails with poultry or heavy duty kitchen scissors. Release lobster meat from inside of shell by running your finger on the inside of the shell between the meat and shell.
- Melt butter with garlic cloves over medium-low heat. Drizzle over lobster meat on the inside of opened shell, between lobster meat and shell.
- Place onto grill/ smoker and smoke until internal temperature registers 130-145º F.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes. Then, using a fork, slide the fork underneath the lobster meat and lift it out and onto the top of the lobster tail shell.
- Serve with additional garlic butter.