This Sundried tomato and black olive pizza recipe is perfect for family night or entertaining friends.
Pizza nights have long been a family-favorite at our house. It is a definite signal that it is time to kick back a bit and relax. It is time to enjoy our family time laughing and talking as we each build our favorite pizzas.
This Sundried Tomato and Black Olive Pizza has now earned the spot of favorite in my book. The blend of sweet and salty, cheesy and crunchy on this pizza takes it right to the top. Luckily, it couldn’t be any easier to prepare.
I normally start my pizza dough rising early in the afternoon so that we can have the pizzas in the oven or on the grill soon after my husband gets home from work. To say that Little Buddy is anxious to here his truck in the driveway would be a colossal understatement.
I start by preheating my oven to 425 degrees so my oven can begin getting nice and hot as I’m forming my dough. I either form it into a large circle if I’m using my pizza stone or a large rectangle if using a kitchen sheet pan. Honestly, I use my kitchen sheet pan more than my pizza stone. Either way, I’m not going for a perfectly shaped pizza. I just don’t stress over that part of it.
Once I have my dough formed, I drizzle it with olive oil and then for this pizza I scattered pieces of sundried tomato over the crust, making sure to distribute them all over.
Next, I drain a small can of black olives and toss those onto the dough. I also throw on caramelized onions since those seem to be my life lately! I just can’t get enough of them!
And then, I piled on the grated Monterey Jack cheese. Oh my stars!
And in about 15 minutes, it comes out of the oven looking like this!
Heaven on a plate, I tell ya!
But it disappears pretty quickly, too!
Here’s my sundried tomato and black olive pizza recipe. I think you’ll love it!
Sundried Tomato and Black Olive Pizza Recipe
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 large yellow onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sundried tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce jar sliced black olives, drained
- 1 8-ounce package Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe directions. Spread dough onto a baking pan lightly coated with olive oil. Make indentions into dough with finger tips and lightly drizzle crust with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion slices and allow to cook until caramelized and tender, about 10 minutes. Watch onions closely so they do not overbrown. Arrange sundried tomatoes, black olives, and onions onto pizza dough. Top with grated cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper, slice, and serve warm.
Hope you love this as much as we do!