These Triple Chocolate Cookies are a chocolate lovers delight! Filled with three kinds of chocolate, these soft, chewy cookies are a must-make family favorite recipe!
For some time now, I’ve been making these chocolate cookies that seem to disappear faster than I can make them. You see, I have a son who loves chocolate as much, if not more, than I do.
How is that even possible!?
Anyway, these cookies have become one of his most requested cookies – along with chocolate chip, sugar and peanut butter. It’s like he is building his own list of top cookie recipes and he’s making sure he has all of his bases covered.
I don’t think I could be prouder! Ha!
For these cookies, you begin with melting chocolate and a little butter, stirring until it is smooth and then allowing it to cool completely. While it cools, you’ll beat together your butter, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy. You’ll think you’ve been beating the mixture together too long, but trust me, this part takes about five minutes to get it to just the right consistency.
Then, slow down your mixer and stir in the cooled chocolate until just combined and then stir in your dry ingredients. Drop scoops onto a prepared pan, bake in your preheated oven and then voila! Step back and watch them be devoured.
Here’s my Triple Chocolate Cookie recipe. You are going to want to make these again and again!
- 11.5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Add semisweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter to saucepan over medium-low heat. Melt the chocolate and the butter together, stirring frequently until smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, about 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Fit stand mixer with paddle attachment. Add granulated sugar and butter to the bowl of the mixer and beat together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, creaming together after each addition. Add in vanilla, making sure it is well combined.
- Once all eggs and vanilla have been combined. Turn mixer speed up to medium high speed and beat until pale, light, and fluffy, about 7-10 minutes. Turn down speed of mixer and slowly stir in cooled and melted chocolate. Stir dry mixture until combined, then stir in milk chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon scoops of cookie dough batter onto lined baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches between cookies to allow them to spread.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet. The cookies are fragile while warm, so allow to cool completely before moving.