White chocolate buttercream frosting makes a delicious frosting recipe for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and so many more sweet treats! This simple recipe will become a favorite!
There’s just something about white chocolate buttercream frosting that is perfect when paired with a rich dark or milk chocolate cake or cupcake I think. But seriously, you can spread a thin layer on a cookie or a graham cracker and it still makes for a mighty delicious sweet treat!
The other day I made cupcakes for my youngest nephew Murphy who had an injury and needed a little cheering up. I knew how much he loved my chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream so I decided to make those as cupcakes for him. I made a few additional ones for my house since we were having guests the next night for supper and decided to top ours with my white chocolate buttercream along with a drizzle of my raspberry sauce and a few fresh raspberries to dress them up a bit.
Let me just go ahead and profess my undying love for the combination of raspberries and chocolate, but raspberries with raspberry sauce, white chocolate and chocolate chocolate? That, my friends, is absolute heaven!
Here’s my White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe. I hope you absolutely love it!
Perfect White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chip morsels
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup butter softened
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add the white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of milk to a glass, microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at 50% in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the the white chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in melted and cooled white chocolate and then gradually add in confectioner's sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Then add in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, followed by vanilla. Beat on high for about 1 to 3 minutes until the buttercream frosting is smooth, fluffy and will hold a peak.