Raspberry Sauce has to be one of my new obsessions. Well, this raspberry sauce at least. I love it on so many dishes that I can’t even begin to tell you how much you need this in your life!
Fresh, bright, and just down right beautiful, this raspberry sauce recipe is definitely a keeper. You’ll want to have some on hand as much as possible to brighten up so many things such as my Mama’s cream cheese pound cake recipe, add to a bowl of yogurt in the mornings, or even to drizzle over a piece of roasted chicken, duck, or other poultry. It’s just fabulous.
Here’s my Raspberry Sauce recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- zest and juice of one lemon
- Add raspberries, granulated sugar, water, zest and juice of lemon to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer about 10 minutes or until thickened to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and pour into jar of a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 10 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes or overnight.