Shrimp Salad is one of my favorite ways to enjoy shrimp. Seriously. What’s not to love about a fresh bed of greens topped with succulent shrimp and a few other ingredients? Not much in my book. And this Buffalo Shrimp Salad definitely is a love of mine.
Thankfully, this shrimp salad only takes a few minutes to throw together.
It all begins with tossing your shrimp into a skillet with a bit of butter and olive oil, garlic, and then, once your shrimp have fully cooked, you add in your favorite buffalo sauce.
Once that is all ready, you pile your plate full of your favorite salad greens, slices of red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, and then pile on the buffalo shrimp. Finally, you top it with hunks of blue cheese, if you like it, for one of the best shrimp salads you’ve ever tasted.
Here’s my easy Buffalo Shrimp Salad recipe. I think you’ll love it.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- salad greens
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- blue cheese, optional
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle olive oil into medium skillet and add butter over medium-low heat. Once butter has melted, add in shrimp and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the shrimp have turned pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add in buffalo sauce and cook another 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Place salad greens on each plate, topped with onion, cucumber, and tomatoes. Spoon on shrimp, being sure to spoon on additional sauce onto the salad. Top with blue cheese and serve.