These Coconut Dreams Cookies are really perfect for all those Christmas cookie platters and as a food gift this season.
Seriously, since they are filled with mounds of coconut and little bits of chocolate, these little coconut dream cookies are like a dream come true. Especially to the coconut lover. Thankfully, that’d be the Mister.
Any dessert with coconut definitely gets his attention. From Coconut Cream Pie, Coconut Cake, to these little coconut cookies, coconut treats are favorites of his. And it sure is easy to understand why.
Luckily, these little coconut cookies couldn’t be easier to make. They are simply mixed together with an electric mixer, dropped onto the baking sheet and baked until golden brown. That’s it. Nothing fancy here. But boy, oh boy do they taste extra special.
Here’s my Coconut Dreams Cookies recipe. Make them soon for the coconut lover in your life! They’ll thank ya for them.
- ½ cup firm coconut oil or shortening
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Cream together the coconut oil (or shortening) and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Mix in the egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into the shortening and sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Drop cookie dough by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1½-inches between each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies have turned lightly brown and are set. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Happy Cookie Making!