Fudge brownies instantly bring a sense of home and comfort for me. And let’s face it, we’ve needed that over the last few days.
For years, I thought the only kind of brownies you could make came out of a box and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. They are dependable, quick, and so very simple. But, then, I discovered how simple and rewarding it is to make my very own brownies from scratch that I haven’t turned back.
I’ve played around with so many ways of making brownies in search of the exact ratios of each ingredient to make the perfect fudge brownie for my family. We had a few requirements – crisp around the edges, but chewy on the inside, rich chocolate flavor that makes you instantly crave a large glass of ice cold milk or a hot cup of coffee.
I included the fudge brownie mix recipe that you can give to friends in my week of handmade gift ideas last week, but I knew I wanted to give you the whole recipe so you could easily make them yourselves!
And so now, I have to share these fudge brownies with you!
Grab your milk or coffee and let’s bake these babies!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ pound semi-sweet chocolate
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt together butter, chocolates, sugar, and espresso over medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and eggs, stirring to combine well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared 9x13 baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes until the center of the brownies no longer moves when the baking dish is moved or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some brownies clinging but not liquid.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 20-30 minutes before slicing. Cut the brownies as they are still warm and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
I hope you love these brownies as much as we do!