This fudge cake recipe makes a perfect, rich chocolate cake recipe. Simple to make, this fudge cake pairs well with so many frosting recipes.
Of course, I love it paired with my peanut butter frosting. It is one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations. It’s rich, decadent, and to die for. If you like peanut butter and chocolate, I can’t recommend it enough. Of course, any frosting recipe works perfectly, too!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ounce baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º Fahrenheit.
- Prepare 8 inch square or small baking pan by buttering and lightly flouring.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut while hot.
- Do not remove until cooled.
- You may leave fudge cake in the pan, spread lightly with desired frosting or remove from cake pans and serve.