Since we’re camping for a little over a week, I knew I wanted to plan meals that were not only easy to prepare, but also used similar ingredients so I didn’t have to over stuff the RV refrigerator or worry about missing any the fun activities we’d planned to dash back to the grocery store for missing items. One of my favorite dishes to prepare while camping has to be quiche.
The ingredients of this easy quiche are some of the essentials when we plan a trip – ham, cheese, eggs – they work in so many dishes. But they really shine in one of my favorite recipes to make for brunch – this Ham and Gruyere crustless quiche. Served on a bed of spinach or arugula it really does make a filling meal.
Ready in about 30 minutes, the oven does all the work for you on this dish, which makes it even more welcome on busy mornings while everyone is getting ready for a busy day ahead whether camping or not.
If you have ham for your Easter meal, be sure to set a little aside to make this delicious quiche for the next morning. You’ll love it.
What is it about ham and cheese, specifically Gruyere? I could eat it every day! Especially in this quiche! Oh my!
Here’s how I make it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ diced ham
- 1 cup diced Gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Place butter into a pie plate and into oven to melt.
- Once melted, swirl pie plate around to make sure butter has thoroughly coated bottom and sides of plate.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half until well-blended and fluffy.
- Stir in ham, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into buttered pie plate.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until quiche has firmly set and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Have a great weekend! And if you make this quiche, be sure to let me know how you like it!