Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken makes a delicious and easy chicken recipe! Perfect weeknight supper for the lemon lover!
Lemon Pepper Chicken is a favorite chicken recipe that is just as perfect for an easy weeknight supper as it is for serving when entertaining. Made in one skillet, it is packed with flavorful lemon pepper and makes the most tender and moist chicken! The lemon butter sauce adds so much and is perfect spooned over cooked noodles, brown rice or a side of asparagus.
Talk about delicious!
If you love lemon, then you will absolutely love this recipe!
How to Make Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
To start, preheat the oven to 375º F and prep the lemons. You’ll zest two of the lemons and add the zest to a 9×13 baking dish. Then, juice the same two lemons and keep the juice in a separate bowl to use later. Slice the remaining lemons into 1/2-inch slices and set aside.
Add the flour, pepper and Stone House Seasoning to the lemon zest in the 9×13 baking dish. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken and turn to coat well.
Add the olive oil to a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and brown on the other side, about 5 more minutes. Add the butter, chicken stock, reserved lemon juice, and lemon slices to the skillet. Place the chicken into the oven and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º F when checked with an internal thermometer, about 20-25 minutes.
Favorite Sides Dishes to Serve with Lemon Pepper Chicken
Brown Rice – A side of brown rice is delicious with this chicken recipe. Spoon over a bit of the lemon butter sauce for an amazing flavor.
Asparagus – For a green vegetable side dish, I love to add this garlic butter asparagus. So good!
Skillet Mac and Cheese – This Mac and Cheese makes a comforting side dish that is perfect with this chicken recipe.
Can I Make this Recipe Ahead?
This chicken recipe is very make-ahead and freezer friendly.
Make-Ahead Instructions: This chicken will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover and reheat, along with the lemon butter sauce, in the oven until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165º F.
Freezer Instructions: Allow the chicken to cool completely, then store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat and serve as mentioned above.
Here’s my Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as we do!
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 4 large lemons divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise or pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Prep the lemons. Zest two of the lemons and add the zest to a 9x13 baking dish. Juice the same two lemons and keep the juice in a separate bowl to use later. Slice the remaining lemons into 1/2-inch slices and set aside.
- Add the flour, pepper, and Stone House Seasoning to the lemon zest in the 9x13 baking dish. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken and turn to coat well.
- Drizzle the olive oil into a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until the chicken is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Then, turn the chicken to cook the other side until golden brown, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the butter, chicken stock, reserved lemon juice, and lemon slices to the skillet. Place the skillet into the oven and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º F when checked with an internal thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes.