You know how crème brûlée is just amazing with that crunchy, sugary glass topping? Also, you know how a lemon tart is just perfect for spring with all that citrus zing? What if those two decided to join forces? Well, I kind of did that with this Bruleed Lemon Tart.
The most time-consuming part of making this dessert is in making the lemon curd. However, you can easily make it a day or so in advance and it still works perfectly. In making the lemon curd, I recommend using a few lemons versus a lot so the lemon tart is not overwhelming. But, feel free to make it to your tastes.
Seriously, if this dessert is wrong, please don’t tell me. I just don’t want to know.
I really think this is the perfect spring time or Easter dessert. Can’t you just imagine it on Easter on your dessert buffet?
If you prefer, you can also make this lemon tart in individual tart pans or ramekins. That way you would have the perfect individual sized desserts.
Here’s the recipe for my Bruleed Lemon Tart. I hope you love it!
Bruleed Lemon Tart Recipe
For the Lemon Tart:
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For the lemon curd:
- Prepare lemon curd according to recipe instructions and your personal preference.
- For the shortbread crust:
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together ingredients for the shortbread crust, plus the lemon zest.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray or buttered and floured.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- For the tart:
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spread lemon curd into the bottom of the baked shortbread crust. Bake 15-20 minutes until the lemon curd has set. Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
- Carefully remove tart from the tart pan. Cover serving dish with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until firm, at least one hour to overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with about 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Using a kitchen torch, carefully brulee the top of your lemon tart.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.