This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Butter Roasted Radishes Recipe – Roasting radishes makes radishes more mild in flavor, yet rich and delicious! Perfect as a side dish, topping for salads, or a snack!
My Mama always had the crisper drawer of our refrigerator stocked with radishes. They topped every green salad she made and frequently would find their way into tuna sandwiches and the like.
Daddy grew them in our garden for years and would laugh that as soon as he pulled them from the ground, Mama would have them washed and eaten. She has always loved them that much.
The other day, I opened the crisper drawer to her refrigerator and there they were staring back at me. Her stash of radishes. I love how some things never change!
I knew I had a similar stash in my own refrigerator and knew just how I was going to use them for our supper that evening – butter roasted.
If you’ve never had butter roasted radishes, you are definitely missing out on a delicious experience. You know how radishes tend to have a peppery bite to them? Well, when you roast them, the sharpness mellows out to make a mighty delicious thing! Even if you don’t care for radishes, I urge you to try butter roasting them just once. I think you might enjoy them this way.
Here’s my Butter Roasted Radishes recipe. I hope you love them as much as my Mama does! 🙂
Butter Roasted Radishes Recipe
- 2 cups radishes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Set a medium skillet over medium heat. Add butter to the skillet and melt. Remove the skillet from the heat and arrange the radishes cut side down in the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place into the preheated oven and roast until fork tender, but cripsy on the outside, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.