Chili Baked Potatoes Recipe
Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes make a great addition to your menu! Make it even easier by making ahead and rewarming for a quick and easy weeknight favorite.
Oh my! These chili stuffed baked potatoes are deee-lish-us! And pretty perfect for the Super Bowl this weekend.
But, I have to let you in on a little secret.
We watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, well and as a great excuse to have a party and dig into all the delicious food.
Do you do that, too?
Pretty please say you do!
While I’ve not officially finalized our Super Bowl Menu for this year, I do have plenty of ideas.
These Chili Baked Potatoes will definitely make an appearance. I don’t think we can celebrate the Super Bowl without chili and piling it on a baked potato makes it even better in my opinion.
We’ll also have plenty of dips, like hot pimento cheese dip, spinach artichoke dip, and of course the cookie dough dip! I don’t think I can have a party without including the cookie dough dip. Folks would wonder what was wrong with me if I did.
My stomach is now growling just thinking about all this great food. I think I’ll have to just drink water and eat salad between now and then! And definitely after!
But, before I get totally carried away and forget, I do need to share my “recipe” for these chili baked potatoes, don’t I?
Chili Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 6 Russet potatoes
- olive oil or butter
- sea salt
- 1 black bean chili
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Adjust oven rack to the center of the oven. Place second oven rack underneath with a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil to catch any drippings.
- Scrub potatoes with a medium bristled brush. Rub with olive oil or butter and sprinkle with sea salt. Pierce the potato with a sharp knife or fork about 3-5 times around the potato to allow steam to escape as cooking. Place directly onto the oven rack placed in the center of the oven.
- As potatoes are cooking, prepare black bean chili according to recipe instructions.
- Test potatoes for doneness by squeezing the center of the potato while using a pot holder to determine if tender or checking the internal temperature of the potato with an instant read thermometer. The potato should register 210º F.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and place on the sheet pan used on the rack underneath or another platter for serving.
- To serve, split open potatoes with a knife and gently squeeze the potato from both ends to open the contents. Using a large spoon, ladle black bean chili into the center of the potato. Top with sour cream, cheese and optional garnish.
All images and text © Robyn Stone for Add a Pinch
So, what’s on your Super Bowl Menu? I’d love to know.