This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I couldn’t help myself, I just had to make this sundae. You see, Little Buddy is always raving about the sundaes whenever we go out to eat. Sometimes it is the sundaes from Outback, Longhorn, or some other restaurant. But, as we walk through the door to whichever restaurant it is at the time that serves a big ol’ sundae, he immediately starts talking about ordering dessert.
At first, I loved it.
Then, I got a bit annoyed.
Finally, I realized I was just plain out jealous.
Isn’t that horrible to be jealous of a restaurant. To get all green-eyed with envy whenever you see your son’s face gobbling down a sundae from somewhere else.
Well, I’m sure that makes me a horrible mom to admit it, but it really gets under my skin. So, for a while now, about once a month or so, I’ve been working on sundaes behind the scenes to try and compete with the other woman in my son’s life. (That’s what I’ve been calling the sundae by the way!)
Anywho, I’m sure you don’t have the same issues. You are all level-headed and appreciate that your son or daughter or husband or wife or partner or friend enjoys treats from elsewhere. You don’t take it as a downright challenge to one-up said restaurant. I get it.
But, just in case you do have those little pangs of wanting your son, daughter, husband, wife, partner, or friend to love your sundaes without question, this might just be the one that’ll do it!
It did for me. Now I can smile a sly smile as we walk into one of said restaurants for supper.
Here’s how I make my sundae.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Sundae Recipe
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie:
- 1 recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 recipe brownies
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Make chocolate chip cookie dough according to directions except for baking. Press dough into the bottom of a kitchen sheet pan/ jelly roll pan.
- Make brownies according to directions except for baking. Spread on top of cookie dough in kitchen sheet pan/ jelly roll pan.
- Bake chocolate chip brownies for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
For the ice cream:
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly as you prepare your chocolate sauce.
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan or cast iron skillet. Add sugar, flour, and cocoa. Add milk. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate sauce has thickened.
To assemble the sundae:
- Cut a square of the cookie brownie and place in a shallow bowl, sundae glass, or cup.
- Scoop one scoop of ice cream and place on top of cookie brownie bottom.
- Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Now, please note that this recipe serves a crowd. But, if you are like us and only a smaller family, you don’t have to worry. All of the pieces of this sundae keep well making it a great make-ahead recipe as well. You just will want to warm your chocolate sauce right before serving.
I completely and totally dread the day he starts dating. I hope I get over my issues by then!
Oh boy…good thing I”m having chocolate with breakfast, or I’d need to switch it up!
That looks amazing!!!
OMG- I’m in love!
Oh, YUM!!! Definitely need to try this before summer’s over.
Simple and delicious! The perfect combo!
Well, I don’t have kids but I can’t stand it when my husband raves about a dish at a restaurant. I then make it my mission to create it at home. You nailed this one, so amazing Robyn!
Hilarious. Robyn I’m SURE yours is better, just look at it!! 😉
Such an amazing photo!!! These sundaes sound absolutely delicious! 🙂
This is so decadent and wonderful! I love it!
I can’t imagine you as a horrible mom, just normal!!! This recipe sounds so good….I’ll be sure and make this the next time my son and his wife come over!!! Show that “other woman” a thing or two! lol Thanks for sharing this son-pleasing recipe. Have a great weekend…..
No doubt this sundae has to be the best thing ever!
Everything about this sundae looks amazing!! Have a great weekend!
Hubba Hubba this has my name all over it : )
Oh my! You had me at chocolate love. Between Buddy and my boys, desserts have become dangerously deliscious 😀 xoxo
Oh, wow! That looks amazing. You could totally open your own restaurant because I can just about guarantee that your food is way better. Have a super weekend!
Looks and sounds exquisite! This would be a beautiful dessert for a dinner party.
I know the feeling of wanting to one up restaurants lol I can’t help it and this looks fantastic!
Oh, I saw this lovely recipe floating around Pinterest. Why is it no surprise that it came from you!!! Amazing photographs – makes me want to run into the kitchen and make it right now!!