This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate chip waffles are like inviting America’s favorite cookie to breakfast. These chocolate chip waffles will become a favorite.
It’s just hard to beat a big stack of buttermilk pancakes or waffles on weekend mornings, but when you turn them into these chocolate chip waffles you better believe you’ve got everyone’s attention. When I announce that chocolate chip waffles are almost ready, I can hear Little Buddy’s feet hit the floor running. Forget that sleepy-eyed look of other mornings, he’s raring to go.
The recipe comes together really quickly so if you are making these for a large crowd, you may want to go ahead and preheat a baking sheet in your oven at about 200º Fahrenheit. As waffles are ready, place them on the baking sheet and return them to the oven. When you are ready to serve your family, just remove the baking sheet from the oven and place them on a platter for serving.
Here’s how I make them.
Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Toss in chocolate chips and coat well with flour mixture.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour into dry mixture and stir together just until combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to your iron's instructions.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
These waffles are awesome! The directions could be better though. Beat the eggs before adding to the milk.
Delicious and easy! The waffles were a hit.
I’m so glad you loved the waffles, Nicole. Thanks!