Chocolate Ice Cream has to be one of my favorites and this chocolate ice cream recipe has never failed to give me just the amount of rich, creamy chocolate ice cream that I long for sometimes.
As an ice cream recipe that doesn’t use eggs or require for a base to be cooked, it really couldn’t be easier to make either.
I simply mix together my ice cream base of cream, milk, cream cheese and sugar, and then start adding in all kinds of chocolate. That’s when my son starts standing closer and closer to the counter watching the action. He’s a chocolate fanatic and loves this ice cream!
For the chocolate ice cream recipe pictured, I also decided to toss in a few tablespoons of dark chocolate I’d cut from the bar when prepping for the recipe. I know how much he loves dark chocolate, so I cut a few extra tablespoons just so I could toss it in.
I like to think I’m cool like that, but hey, he loves it just as much without those bits. So, they are completely optional around here, too.
Be sure to check out all of my ice cream and frozen treat recipes !
Here’s my Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe. I can’t wait to hear how you love it.
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, at least 72% cacao, melted
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped dark or milk chocolate, optional
- Place dark chocolate and milk chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Melt at 20 second intervals at 80% power in the microwave until able to stir the chocolate until smooth. Be careful not to overheat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Combine whipping cream, milk, and cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Mix in sugar, cocoa powder, melted chocolate from earlier, and vanilla. If using optional chocolate pieces, stir them in as well.
- Pour into ice cream maker container and make according to ice cream maker directions.
- Once ice cream has churned, remove from the ice cream maker container and serve immediately as soft serve or place in an airtight container in the freezer for 1 hour to overnight for a firmer ice cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.