This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Cinnamon Sugar Knots could not be any easier to make if I tried. Or any more delicious. Or more perfect in my book.
I started to call them cinnamon sugar love knots, but then Little Buddy told me that that name just wouldn’t be too cool for him to ask for me to make when his buddies were over. After a few minutes, I saw his point and decided to drop “love” from the official name. Just know that in my mind, the word is still in there. Ha!
For these cinnamon sugar knots, I started with pizza dough that I rolled out and then cut into 1 1/2-inch wide strips by about 6-inch in length. Then, I simply tied each of the strips into a quick knot, brushed them with a bit of melted butter and sprinkled them liberally with cinnamon sugar.
While you can certainly use my homemade pizza dough recipe for these cinnamon sugar knots, you can also just grab a premade pizza dough at your grocery store. The Pillsbury pizza dough always works for these little babies and has them ready for serving before they even know it!
So, if you want to make a quick, extra special little treat, give these cinnamon sugar love knots a try. Just don’t call them that in front of a bunch of 12 year old boys.
Here’s my Cinnamon Sugar Knots recipe. I think you’ll love them!
Cinnamon Sugar Knots Recipe
- pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Cut pizza dough into strips that are about 6 inches long and 1 ½ inches wide. Tie each strip into a knot. Brush with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and granulated sugar. Place in oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with optional dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Recipe:
- Whisk together confectioner’s sugar, heavy cream and vanilla in a medium bowl until creamy. Pour into a bowl for dipping.