Coke float makes a classic drink recipe. Made of ice cream and Coca-Cola, a Coke float is a definite favorite.
Reminiscent of soda fountain drinks from years past, this Coke Float recipe is a classic.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy. It is made with just two ingredients and ready in minutes.
- Nostalgic. It’s a fun drink combination that I remember my Grandmother making when I was young.
- Delicious. It makes a refreshing, delicious drink.
How to Make Classic Coke Float Recipe
This recipe makes one drink. It is easy to double, triple, or make for a crowd!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Coca-Cola – For the classic recipe, use the classic.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Use homemade vanilla ice cream or your favorite storebought.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the bottom of a tall drinking glass. Pour the Coke over the top of the ice cream. Insert a straw and enjoy!
Cherry Coke Float – Use cherry-flavored in place of the classic. You can also add maraschino cherries to your drink.
Mexican Coke Float – Use Mexican Coke instead of the classic.
for a Crowd
Make these drinks as a special treat for a party! It is especially fun during the summer with teens. Put out the ingredients and let them make memories by making their own! Allow them to choose from various flavors and types: classic, diet, cherry, Mexican, etc.
Alternately, grab a punch bowl and make one flavor for the crowd. Add scoops of ice cream and pour over the drink. Then ladle into cups and enjoy!
Here’s how to make a Coke float. I hope you love it!
Classic Coke Float
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 (12-ounce) can Coca-Cola
- Place scoop of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Pour 1/2 can of Coca-Cola over the top of the ice cream.
- Insert a straw and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.