Regardless if you work outside or inside the home, your day is jam packed with activities and appointments that can make supper time a challenge. Getting a warm, homemade supper on the table can be a family’s biggest obstacle of the day and one that we all strive to overcome.
How do we do it?
Some nights we do better than others, but if you are like me, you still always want to do better for your family. Simple recipes that include few ingredients and little cooking time are popular at my house on these busy evenings. I love knowing that with just a few ingredients I generally have on hand in my refrigerator and pantry, I can have supper on the table in less time than it would take for take out to be delivered or to drive through the fast food line and make it back home.
I was so excited when I was asked by BlogHer to participate in their Hellmann’s and Best Foods review. All of the recipes presented to me sounded delicious and like something that my family would enjoy. In less than 30 minutes, I had a delicious, piping hot supper on the table that my family absolutely loved.
The best part?
The recipe was so simple my son enjoyed helping me prepare it. I love knowing he joined me in the kitchen making our supper while sharing with me what happened during football practice that afternoon. As I was cleaning up dishes after getting Little Buddy to bed, I realized supper times just really can’t get much better than this.
Here’s the recipe.
- ½ cup crushed buttery crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey cutlets or chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In small bowl, combine cracker crumbs with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese. Toss turkey with cheese mixture. Turn into shallow 2-quart casserole, then sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly cooked.