Grape Jelly Meatballs make the best appetizer recipe! It is a crowd favorite. Juicy meatballs are slow-cooked until tender in a sweet and spicy sauce. Made with three ingredients and a crowd favorite!
This makes one of the easiest appetizer recipes that is always well-loved when I serve it. You add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, set the timer, and let the slow cooker do the work. It is the very definition of a dump-and-go crock pot recipe! How easy is that?!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 3 ingredients. This easy recipe uses just three ingredients. You can use homemade ingredients or store-bought based on your preferences.
- Slow cooker ease. Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker, stir, set the timer, and go! This makes the perfect dump-and-go crock pot appetizer recipe!
- Crowd-favorite recipe. Great to serve for the holidays and game day! It is always a favorite.
How to Make Easy Grape Jelly Meatball Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Meatballs – this recipe uses store-bought frozen, fully cooked meatballs. You can also use baked homemade meatballs if you prefer. You’ll want to make sure that they have been browned in a skillet or in the oven to ensure that they hold together while cooking in the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Grape jelly – use your favorite grape jelly in this recipe.
- BBQ sauce – different BBQ sauces have varying flavor profiles. We use my homemade BBQ sauce, which is a flavorful and easy bbq sauce that includes honey, brown sugar, and spices. If you use a store-bought BBQ sauce, I would suggest Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce since it compliments the flavors well. If using a store-bought sauce, you may also want to add a little more spice, such as a pinch of cayenne pepper.
You may want to consider adding one of the optional topping ingredients for serving:
- Green onions – sliced green onions hold up well as a topping while the grape jelly meatballs are held in the slow cooker on warm for serving.
- Chives – this green topping also holds up well and adds a similar flavor to the green onions.
Add the meatballs, grape jelly, and BBQ sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Set the timer to 4 hours on the low setting. Cover with the lid and cook, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Keep warm until ready to serve and while serving.
To serve, top with optional green onions or chives.
Make ahead. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze. Cool completely and freeze in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw the meatballs in the refrigerator overnight, reheat, and serve.
More Meatball Recipes
Easy Grape Jelly Meatballs Recipe
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen meatballs
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce, homemade or store-bought
- green onions, slices
- chives, chopped
- Add the meatballs, grape jelly, and BBQ sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover with the lid. Set the timer for 4 hours on the low setting, stirring after 2 hours. Leave on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- Optional topping to serve: Top with green onions or chives for serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.