This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is a delicious cheese ball recipe that merges crisp bacon, savory ranch seasoning and crunchy pecans! Perfect for entertaining!
Can we chat about this delicious cheese ball for a sec? This appetizer or snack has to be one of my absolute favorite things! I love that not only is it so easy to whip together, it makes a wonderful make-ahead recipe for serving on game day, throughout the holidays, and any time you are entertaining or crave something easy, savory and scrumptious!
Filled with the perfect combination of savory flavors – cheese, crispy bacon, green onions, homemade ranch seasoning, and then all encased in crunchy pecans, this cheese ball is most definitely a winner! It’s just a perfect, quick and easy cheese ball that everyone loves! It is a crowd-pleaser!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Ingredients and Substitutions
For this easy appetizer recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cream Cheese – You’ll want to soften your cream cheese so that it is creamy and combines very easily with the other ingredients. It makes all the difference!
- Cheddar Cheese – I like to shred my cheddar cheese from a block for recipes like this. I believe they blend more easily. If you use pre-shredded, look for one that has minimal ingredients so that the cheese blends and melts easily.
- Stone House Seasoning – My favorite blend of seasonings that I use all the time! It is a simple combination of salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Ranch Seasoning – I make my own ranch seasoning mix, but you can use store-bought if you prefer.
- Green Onions that have been sliced. They add so much flavor and crunch to the cheeseball.
- Pecans – The chilled cheese ball is rolled in the roughly chopped pecans for a gorgeous presentation. If you do not prefer to use pecans, you can also use additional crumbled bacon, pretzels, and/or green onions instead. Yum!
How to Make this Easy Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Combine. Add softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, Ranch Seasoning, and Stone House Seasoning to a large bowl. For this, you can use an electric mixer or mix with a spoon until well combined. Once combined, stir in the bacon and green onion until well distributed.
Chill. Turn the cheese mixture out onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
As the cheese ball is chilling, chop your pecans in preparation for the next step.
Roll. Once your cheese ball has chilled, remove it from the plastic wrapping and roll in the chopped pecans, making sure to lightly press the pecans into the cheese ball to secure them.
Serve. Place your cheese ball on a serving platter. Add a small cheese knife, along with your favorite crackers, pita chips, and fruit for serving.
Make Ahead Instructions
Prepare the cheese ball, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Remove from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature.
How to Store and Freeze
To store. Place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To freeze. Prepare as directed, wrap in plastic wrap, and place into a freezer-safe, zip-top bag. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To serve from frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, allow to reach room temperature for serving.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Dip
You can also make this recipe as a dip!
Add ¼ cup sour cream to the cream cheese mixture. Skip rolling the recipe into a ball and simply stir the chopped pecans into the cream cheese mixture. Transfer to a small bowl and serve with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, fruit, or even veggies like celery and carrot sticks!
More Easy, Cheesy Appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Here’s my Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe! I hope you love it as much as we do!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Stone House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Ranch Seasoning
- 3 medium green onions sliced
- 3-5 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix together the softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well combined. Stir in the Stone House and Ranch seasonings until well combined.
- Add green onions and cooked bacon and stir until well combined. Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, form the cheese ball mixture into a ball and then wrap tightly with the plastic wrap. Place into the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and roll in the chopped pecans, making sure to press the chopped pecans into the cheese ball to secure. Place onto a serving platter with your favorite crackers and a knife for serving.
Make AheadPrepare the cheese ball, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Remove from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature.
How to Store and FreezeTo store. Place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To freeze. Prepare as directed, wrap in plastic wrap, and place into a freezer-safe, zip-top bag. Store in the freezer for up to 1 months. To serve from frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, allow to reach room temperature for serving.
Bacon Ranch Cheese DipAdd ¼ cup sour cream to the recipe and stir the pecans into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into a small bowl and serve as a dip!
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Love a cheese ball! Thanksgiving here we come! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Donna –
I hope you enjoy it! This is so delicious! xo
What is :Stonehouse Seasoning? I am not familiar with it.
Stone House Seasoning is my recipe. The link will take you to the recipe. Enjoy – it’s delicious! xo
Where can Stone House seasoning can be found at?
Where do u buy stone house seasoning
Stone House Seasoning is my recipe. Just click this link to go to the recipe. Enjoy! xo
Beautiful ! Thank you for Stone House Seasoning link 🙂
Made this for Thanksgiving – followed recipe but for Hidden Valley seasoning mix was used for the ranch seasoning. Everyone loved it!
So glad everyone loved this cheese ball, Sue. Thanks!
thank you so much for sharing, my family loved this delicious cheese ball.
I’m so glad your family enjoyed this cheese ball, Kim. Thanks!
I commented after making this about how salty it was….but my comments apparently are not worthy of posting as I didn’t give it 5 stars. I am very disappointed.
So sorry you didn’t care for this recipe.