This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is a delicious cheese ball recipe that merges crisp bacon, savory ranch seasoning and crunchy pecans! Perfect for entertaining!
Can we chat about this delicious cheese ball for a sec? This appetizer or snack has to be one of my absolute favorite things! I love that not only is it so easy to whip together, it makes a wonderful make-ahead recipe for serving on game day, throughout the holidays, and any time you are entertaining or crave something easy, savory and scrumptious!
Filled with the perfect combination of savory flavors – cheese, crispy bacon, green onions, homemade ranch seasoning, and then all encased in crunchy pecans, this cheese ball is most definitely a winner! It’s just a perfect, quick and easy cheese ball that everyone loves!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
For this easy appetizer recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cream Cheese – You’ll want to soften your cream cheese so that it is creamy and combines very easily with the other ingredients. It makes all the difference!
- Cheddar Cheese – I like to shred my cheddar cheese from a block for recipes like this. I believe they blend more easily. If you use pre-shredded, look for one that has minimal ingredients so that the cheese blends and melts easily.
- Stone House Seasoning – My favorite blend of seasonings that I use all the time! It is a simple combination of salt, pepper and garlic.
- Ranch Seasoning – I make my own ranch seasoning mix, but you can use store-bought if you prefer.
- Green Onions that have been sliced. They add so much flavor and crunch to the cheeseball.
- Bacon that has been cooked, cooled and crumbled
- Pecans – The chilled cheese ball is rolled in the roughly chopped pecans for a gorgeous presentation. If you do not prefer to use pecans, you can also use additional crumbled bacon and / or green onions instead. Yum!
How to Make this Easy Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Combine. To make my recipe, I start by adding my softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese, along with my Ranch Seasoning and Stone House Seasoning to a large bowl. For this, you can use an electric mixer or even just mix together with a spoon until well combined.
Once combined, then stir in the bacon and green onion until well distributed.
Chill. Turn the cheese mixture out onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
As the cheese ball is chilling, chop your pecans in preparation for the next step.
Roll. Once your cheese ball has chilled, remove from the plastic wrapping and roll in the chopped pecans, making sure to lightly press the pecans into the cheese ball to secure them.
Serve. Place your cheese ball on a serving platter. Add a small cheese knife, along with your favorite crackers and fruit, for serving. Enjoy!
Make Ahead Instructions
Prepare the cheese ball, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Remove from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving to allow to come to room temperature.
More Easy, Cheesy Appetizers
Here’s my Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe! I hope you love it as much as we do!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
- Mix together the softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well combined. Stir in the Stone House and Ranch seasonings until well combined.
- Add green onions and cooked bacon and stir until well combined. Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, form the cheese ball mixture into a ball and then wrap tightly with the plastic wrap. Place into the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and roll in the chopped pecans, making sure to press the chopped pecans into the cheese ball to secure. Place onto a serving platter with your favorite crackers and a knife for serving.
Prepare Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Remove from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving to allow to come to room temperature.