Bacon Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
This Bacon Blue Cheese Dip recipe makes a flavorful dip recipe! Baked in a skillet, this delicious dip is perfect for so many occasions!
Light and delicious, this bacon blue cheese dip makes a dip recipe that you are absolutely going to love. But really, what’s not to love about a dip that has bacon and blue cheese in it, right? Just those two ingredients have me practically sold without even knowing anything else about it!
But let me tell you a little more about it.
It starts with cooking thick-cut bacon until crispy. No problems so far, right?
Then, you whip cream cheese, half and half and blue cheese together until light and fluffy. Gracious, this part is pretty amazing, too!
Next, you stir in the crispy crumbled bacon and the chives and then spread the dip in a 10-inch skillet and bake until golden brown.
Once it has baked, you sprinkle it with more chives and serve with crackers and fruit and watch it disappear!
It seriously makes a mighty delicious appetizer and one that is perfect for so many occasions from serving during the holidays, watching football games, to just enjoying on a quiet weekend at home with your family!
Here’s my Bacon Blue Cheese Dip Recipe. I think you are going to love it!
Blue Cheese Bacon Dip Recipe
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 5 slices cooked thick-cut bacon crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives for topping (optional)
- assorted crackers and fruit for serving
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add the half-and-half, beating until combined. Stir in the bacon, blue cheese, and chopped chives. Spread dip into a 10-inch skillet or baking dish and bake at 350°F until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with minced chives, if using, and serve warm with assorted crackers and fruit such as apples, pears or grapes.
Prepare Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip ahead without baking and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
All images and text © Robyn Stone for Add a Pinch