Football Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
Cookie Dough Dip is an all-time favorite appetizer for parties and this fun football edition is perfect for tailgating or watching the big game at home! Score big with this football cookie dough dip!
I’m not usually one to make what my husband would call, “cute foods.” But when it comes to watching football games, especially the big one coming up this weekend, you better believe that I pull out all the stops for our get together.
You see, here’s the situation.
My brother-in-law is a high school football coach. Have you ever watched a football game with a football coach? Much less an important one like the Super Bowl?
Well, let’s just pretend that you haven’t. Let me do my best to bring you on into the room with us.
My sister and I plan the menu of foods that we know that everyone will love – pork roast on pretzel buns, coleslaw, baked beans, chili, and a spread of appetizers from spinach artichoke dip to buffalo chicken dip and everything in between.
We time everything perfectly so that all of the food is prepared well in advance of kickoff while my husband and brother-in-law are making sure the television and the living room are setup so that everyone has a great view of the game.
Once kickoff happens, all bets are off. It is down to business for my brother-in-law. Serious business.
My sister and I go back and forth between the kitchen and the game so that we are sure to catch the best commercials (my real reason for watching), but my brother-in-law coaches both teams with every play that they make.
He’ll explain plays to me whenever I ask, even though he probably already knows that I won’t remember past the end of the game why so and so got a five yard penalty in the end of the first quarter. In reality, I barely know which teams are even playing.
But you know what I do know?
I can remember what our menu has been for the past five years or more. I know which appetizers were the most popular, which sides everyone scooped out a second helping, and the entree that was the easiest to eat while watching the game.
I know that the cookie dough dip goes quickly as I’ve served it in years past, but you better believe it got tons of of attention last year when I made it into the shape of a football covered in even more chocolate chips.
Here’s how I made it. I think you’ll love it, too!
Cookie Dough Dip Football Recipe
- graham crackers
- chocolate graham crackers
- apple slices
- Prepare cookie dough dip according to the recipe instructions. Pour into a mound on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using the parchment paper, shape the mound of cookie dough dip into the shape of a football.
- Press additional cup of chocolate chips onto the outside of the football shaped cookie dough dip.
- Place cream cheese frosting into a piping bag or a small sandwich bag with the tip snipped off. Pipe lines onto the top of the cookie dough dip football to resemble laces.
- Store in the refrigerator until about 15 minutes prior to serving. Serve with an assortment of crackers, pretzels, and/ or apple slices.