Fried dill pickles make a delicious treat! Made with just a few simple ingredients and ready in minutes, these are a definite crowd favorite!
Have you ever tried a fried dill pickle?
There is nothing like them!
A tart dill pickle encased in a crispy, crunchy coating that is just perfect for snacking. I remember growing up, my family would drive over to a restaurant in Anniston, Alabama that served the best fried dill pickles I’d ever eaten.
They were legendary.
And they were an appetizer that if you ordered them, you better believe there wouldn’t be any left by the time you were ready to enjoy your supper!
While we loved their catfish and other dishes, I have to say that the fried dill pickles were most likely what drew us in time and again!
After I was married, I started making them myself. With just five simple ingredients that I generally have on hand in my pantry, I can generally have these babies ready on a moment’s notice.
I’m not 100% sure that’s a good thing. But, with my son and his buddies, it just seems like teenage boys are always starving. These definitely hold them over while supper’s cooking!
Here’s my Fried Dill Pickles recipe. They couldn’t get much easier!
Fried Dill Pickles Recipe
- 2 cups (16-ounces) dill pickles
- 3/4 cup cornmeal mix
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- Whisk together cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl with a fork. Roll wet pickle slice in cornmeal mixture. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Allow to dry.
- Place few at a time in boiling peanut oil or canola oil and cook until slightly browned.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with ranch sauce or comeback sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.