This fudge cake recipe makes a perfect, rich chocolate cake recipe. Simple to make, this fudge cake pairs well with so many frosting recipes.
Of course, I love it paired with my peanut butter frosting. It is one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations. It’s rich, decadent, and to die for. If you like peanut butter and chocolate, I can’t recommend it enough. Of course, any frosting recipe works perfectly, too!
Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 ounce baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º Fahrenheit.
- Prepare 8 inch square or small baking pan by buttering and lightly flouring.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35 minutes. You can follow my tips for how to tell when your cake is done.
- Remove from oven and cut while hot.
- Do not remove until cooled.
- You may leave fudge cake in the pan, spread lightly with desired frosting or remove from cake pans and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Looks amazing. What kind of baking chocolate- semi-sweet, unsweetened, milk chocolate?
I have a question, what makes the cake have the fudge taste,