This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A big Greek Salad has to be one of those salads that when I start craving it, there is just no way around making one.
Luckily for me, Greek salads couldn’t be any easier to make and are quicker to make than they are to drive to a restaurant and order one, most times!
Just yesterday, I couldn’t get the thought of a fresh, flavorful Greek salad out of my mind. I could almost taste it.
I could hardly wait until my husband and Little Buddy got home from Scouts to make them.
Full of cucumbers, tomatoes, big Kalmata olives, red onion, peppers, and of course – feta, this salad comes together really quickly. Especially since I like to keep the ingredients for it on hand so I can toss it together really quickly.
You may also notice that this version has chicken on it as well. That’s totally optional, but I had chicken already cooked that I’d prepared in the slow cooker earlier in the week and decided at the last minute to toss it in as well.
It was perfection!
Now, I do have one thing to mention. I realize that in Greece, lettuce is not usually included in a Greek Salad. While I’ve never had the pleasure of visiting there myself, my husband spent weeks there while studying abroad in college. I think a traditional Greek Salad has to be one of the dishes that he comments on the most from his travels. That, and fresh pastries in France.
So, if you’d rather not include the lettuce, feel free to amp up the amount of cucumbers and tomatoes – along with other ingredients – in this salad in place of the lettuce. I like to use the lettuce as it seems to extend the salad even farther!
Here’s my Greek Salad recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!!!
Greek Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes cut into chunks or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata black olives pitted
- 1/4 cup peperoncini or Greek deli peppers
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Feta cheese crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble salad greens, tomatoes, onion, cucumber olive, peppers, in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, simply add all dressing ingredients to a Mason jar, fit with the lid and shake vigorously until well-combined.
- Pour about half of dressing over salad and toss. Then, top with Feta cheese and serve with additional dressing on the side.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
The best peppers, that are traditionaly used at the greek salad are the green ones. They have strong flavour and are absolutely delicious. The dressing for the greek salad is really good!! But i wouldn’t recommend the lettuce because traditionaly is not used
This was SOOOOOOOOO good! I love that the dressing was easy and I had everything I needed at home! So glad I chose to make this! Thanks for the great recipe!