Herbed Tortellini Salad
Herbed Tortellini Salad is perfect hot or cold and ready in minutes.
As the weather gets warmer, things start changing a bit around here. I replace our comforting stews and hearty casseroles with lighter smoothies and salads, our outdoor grill becomes our summertime kitchen, and we stay outside as much as possible.
My family loves to eat our meals on our back porch on beautiful afternoons and many days, you can find Little Buddy and me enjoying our lunch on an old blanket out on the runway. He’s usually devouring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apples and grapes while I’m snacking on leftovers from whatever we had for dinner the night before. Regardless of what we’re eating though, it just seems to taste so much better outside. Our moods are lighter and more playful the longer we take to enjoy the nature around us.
Here’s how I make it.
- 1 pound package three cheese tortellini pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain tortellini and pour into large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and remaining ingredients and pour over tortellini.
- Toss lightly to make sure all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate and serve cold.