Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles make a delicious treat to answer that chocolate and peanut butter craving!
The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is one of my family’s very favorites and these homemade chocolate peanut butter truffles get rave reviews when I make them. You just can’t beat the rush as you bite through the hard chocolate coating and get into the sweet, creamy center of peanut butter.
Chocolate peanut butter truffles are fun to make with children, too. My son loves to shape the peanut butter mixture and dip them into the chocolate.
Here’s my Chocolate peanut butter truffles recipe. I hope you love it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- 2 pounds confectioner's sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cocktail peanuts chopped (optional)
- Beat together sugar, butter, and cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in peanut butter, vanilla and salt and beat until well-combined.
- Spoon tablespoons of peanut butter mixture and form into the shape of a ball in your hands. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and chill for approximately 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate and place back onto parchment lined baking sheets to harden.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.