This Caramel Crunch Popcorn is quick, delicious and drizzled with chocolate and caramel for a recipe perfect for the sweet and salty lover! Ready in minutes!
I am such a fan of sweet and salty snacks and anything to do with popcorn! Add chocolate and caramel to the mix and I’m most definitely excited. This delicious and super easy Caramel Crunch Popcorn recipe is just the treat! It’s perfect when you need a super quick and easy, yet out of this world delicious snack. I’m sharing how to make it with wrapped caramels or with my easy homemade Caramel Sauce. Both versions are simple and scrumptious!
Caramel Crunch Popcorn Recipe
Popcorn has always been a favorite snack staple around my house. Air popped, stove popped, and even the quickest of microwave style popcorn, we love it all. But this Caramel Crunch Popcorn has officially taken one of our favorite snacks to a whole new level!
Made with your favorite popcorn base and then topped with melted chocolate, creamy caramel, toffee bits, and a sprinkle of salt make this popcorn perfect for making that simple snack an even more scrumptious treat! It is just as beautiful for serving as it is delicious for devouring! And I must say, it’s pretty fun to make too!
This is perfect for casual parties, Halloween treats, and a tailgate. One of my favorite things to do is make a quick batch and put this into cellophane treat bags with a colorful bow to give to friends, teachers, or the delivery person. I’ve not met anyone who didn’t absolutely love it!
How to Make Caramel Crunch Popcorn
This crunchy, sweet and salty popcorn is just the perfect treat. Here’s how to make it.
Please refer to the written recipe for detailed ingredients and instructions.
- popped popcorn – use your favorite of either air popped, stove popped, or even a good microwave popcorn (preferably not the extra butter microwave variety for the best results)
- caramel – can use either unwrapped caramels you will melt and mix with the tablespoon of milk OR use half the recipe of the homemade caramel sauce. If you use the homemade caramel sauce, you will NOT use the tablespoon of milk.
- chocolate chips – your favorite of either milk, semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- toffee bits
- salt – kosher or sea salt
Step by Step Instructions
- Pop and prep. Start by popping your favorite popcorn. Get 8 cups of the popped popcorn (remove any un-popped kernels) and spread in a single layer(s) onto parchment or foil lined baking sheet(s).
- Melt or make caramel. If using the packaged caramels, make sure to unwrap and place half of an 11 ounce bag plus the tablespoon of milk into a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir and then heat another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat in 30 second intervals until caramel is smooth. If you make the homemade caramel sauce, you will only need half of that recipe. Follow the recipe instructions to make the homemade caramel sauce, but don’t add the tablespoon of milk that mixes with the packaged caramels.
- Melt the chocolate. Add the chocolate chips to another microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir and then heat another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat in 30 second intervals until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle. Start by drizzling the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Next, drizzle on the caramel.
- Sprinkle. Evenly sprinkle the toffee bits atop the drizzled popcorn. Next evenly sprinkle on the salt. For the salt in the photo, I used a mixture of kosher along with a bit of flakey sea salt.
- Let set. Allow the chocolate and caramel to set, or dry, completely.
- Serve. Once the chocolate and caramel have completely dried on the popcorn, serve it family style or place into clear cellophane gift bags and secure with a ribbon or bag tie. Enjoy!
Other Homemade Treats to Try
Here’s my Caramel Crunch Popcorn Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Caramel Crunch Popcorn Recipe
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 (11-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips, milk, dark, or semisweet
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, kosher or sea salt
- Arrange popped popcorn in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
- Add caramels and milk to a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir, and then heat at 30 second intervals until smooth. Or if using homemade caramel sauce, use half of that recipe amount.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir, and then heat at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn followed by drizzling on the caramel. Evenly top with toffee bits and then sprinkle on the salt. Allow the chocolate and caramel to set completely and then serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.