Peanut Butter Bars make quick and delicious treats! This no bake peanut butter bars recipe has only 5 ingredients, is ready in less than 30 minutes and makes 20 to 36 bars.
What is it about Peanut Butter Bars that make the world just feel right? Since Sam was just a wee one, we’ve been making these peanut butter bars together. He’d sit on the edge of the counter, swinging his feet as we poured all of the ingredients for the peanut butter base into a large mixing bowl to mix it all together.
His favorite part of making these bars was always dumping the confectioner’s sugar into the bowl, the cloud of white sugar dust bringing out his contagious giggle every single time.
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
These peanut butter bars are so simple and quick to make, but taste like they were super hard to make. That’s why Sam and I have been making them together for so many years. Five ingredients is all it takes to make these babies!
These bars are perfect for holidays, game days, potlucks, tailgating, and serving on your dessert table anytime. They are also great for gifting and disappear quicker than you would ever imagine! We also love to make them on camping trips in the RV.
I also remember that my Mama would sometimes make them just to tuck into my lunch box. When I’d open the lid to discover one inside, I felt like the luckiest girl alive. There’s just something about that whole peanut butter and chocolate combination that’ll do that for you.
How to Make:
To make these, you’ll need:
- Butter, melted
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
Mix. You’ll add the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined and smooth. Then spread evenly into a 9×13 baking dish.
Melt. Combine ingredients for the peanut butter bar chocolate topping in a medium glass bowl. Melt in the microwave for 1 minute at a time on 80% power. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
Chill. Spread the smoothed, melted peanut butter chocolate topping on top of the peanut butter bar base and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Remove from the freezer and cut into individual bars. The size will depend on the number of bars you’d like to serve. This recipe makes from 20 to 36 bars.
How to Freeze
Portion into freezer-safe container(s), label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Here’s my recipe for Peanut Butter Bars. I know you are going to love them!
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter melted (2 sticks)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs 2 sleeves ground to a fine crumb
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
Peanut Butter Bar Chocolate Topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well-combined and smooth. Spread evenly into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine ingredients for the peanut butter bar chocolate topping in a medium glass bowl. Melt in the microwave for 1 minute at a time on 80% power. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. Spread on top of the peanut butter bar base and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into individual bars. The size will depend on the number of bars you’d like to serve (20-36 bars)
Other Favorite No Bake Peanut Treats: