Homemade honey butter is so quick, easy, and delicious! This sweet, creamy, whipped honey butter is delicious on rolls, biscuits, vegetables, and more. Ready in 5 minutes and a must-make condiment to have on hand.
My homemade honey butter recipe is one of my favorite things to whip up and keep on hand in the refrigerator. Very few things are more delicious served on a warm dinner roll, 3 ingredient biscuit, a slice of banana bread, roasted vegetables, baked sweet potatoes, French toast, pancakes, and more. The possibilities are endless; once you begin using the slightly sweetened butter, you’ll turn to it time and again.
Table of Contents
How to Make Homemade Honey Butter Spread
This homemade recipe is easy to make with two simple ingredients: honey and butter. You can also add other flavors, such as vanilla extract, or seasonings, such as cinnamon. I’ve previously shared my cinnamon honey butter recipe that I love to serve throughout the fall and winter.
Keys Ingredient Tips
There are a few tips that are essential to making this quick and easy spread!
- Use room-temperature butter. Allow the butter to sit on the counter until the butter is softened. Softened butter is the key to success in this compound butter recipe! Cold butter will not mix well and melted butter will not whip to the proper consistency.
- Use high-quality ingredients. This spread uses only two ingredients, and each is very important to the final result. Use the best quality ingredients you can for the best and richest flavor.
Whipped Honey Butter Instructions
Add the softened butter and honey to a mixing bowl. Use a hand-held mixer and whip the butter and honey together until well combined, smooth, and creamy.
How to Store Homemade Honey Butter
Wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving if frozen.
Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of salt, if desired.
Honey Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons (63 g) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- drizzle honey, for garnish
- pinch flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Add the softened butter and honey to a mixing bowl. Whip together until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a drizzle of honey and a pinch of flaky sea salt or kosher salt to serve. (Optional)
Storage Tips:Wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving if frozen.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.