Honey Cinnamon Cookies make a delicious cookie recipe that tastes so similar to those cookies you get when you fly the friendly skies – all without having to leave home!
I have been testing cookie dough recipes trying to develop the most delicious honey-cinnamon cookie I could. I was looking for the flavor of a cinnamon honey graham, but a bit sturdier than a graham cracker. I enlisted my favorite cookie-dough-taste-tester (Little Buddy) and set off to find a recipe we both loved.
We both agreed on one recipe as soon as we tasted the dough. The perfect blend of honey and cinnamon and we just couldn’t wait to taste the cookie once it was baked. Little Buddy selected our bunny cookie cutter for these cookies and away we went rolling, cutting, and baking.
And guess what?
You know those cookies you get when you fly on Delta? The ones that you stash in your purse or carry-on and look around to see if any of your neighbors noticed that you just poked two packs of these cookies into your bag and are hoping the flight attendant will bring more.
Please don’t tell me you don’t do that, too!
Well, these cookies taste as much like those cookies I love as anything I’ve ever tasted.
While these are perfect to feed your cookie cravings, you may also want to check out thee S’mores Cookies that I made with them. Perfection!
Here’s how I made them.
Honey Cinnamon Cookies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and honey.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix until well-combined. The dough will be dry and will not come together into a ball.
- Pour dough onto parchment or waxed paper and knead to combine until smooth.
- Divide dough into four equal parts.
- Roll out one portion of dough at a time to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with desired cutter.
- Bake at 350º until just golden brown but still soft to the touch, about 12 minutes.
- Cookie will harden as it cools.