Learn how to make rotisserie chicken in your Instant Pot for tender, mouth-wateringly delicious rotisserie-style chicken every time!
One of the most comforting meals is a roasted chicken with any mixture of side dishes from mashed potatoes to green beans or a simple house salad. Lately, I’ve been turning to my Instant Pot for making this rotisserie-style recipe for the most tender, juicy, and delectable chicken! You can use the Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken recipe as you would for any meal, whether making with side dishes or to use in any number of other dishes. Just skip the grocery store take out and crank up your Instant Pot instead!
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
To make this Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken, you’ll only need 5 ingredients! You’ll need:
- chicken – you’ll need a 4 – 4 1/2 pound whole chicken. This size of chicken cooks perfectly with the cooking times provided. I prefer to use an organic chicken whenever possible.
- seasoning – you’ll combine Stone House Seasoning, canola oil, and paprika to form a paste that is then rubbed or brushed onto the chicken. This seasoning adds color and flavor to the cooked chicken.
- chicken stock, broth or water – you’ll need a liquid to cook your chicken in the Instant Pot. You can choose between your favorite of chicken stock, broth or water.
Start by setting your Instant Pot to Saute. Drizzle half of the canola oil into the bottom of the Instant Pot container. As the Instant Pot is heating, stir together your Stone House Seasoning, 1/2 of the canola oil, and the paprika in a small bowl to form a paste. Rub or brush half of the paste all over the breast side of the chicken.
Using tongs, place the chicken breast side down into the Instant Pot. Brown the outside of the chicken, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, carefully brush the remaining paste onto the bottom side of the chicken.
Once the breast side of the chicken has browned, using the tongs, carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
Place the chicken onto the trivet with handles.
Pour the chicken stock, broth or water into the Instant Pot.
And carefully lower the trivet with the chicken back into the Instant Pot.
Seal the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally, about 15 minutes. Check the temperature of the chicken by inserting an instant read meat thermometer into the side of the chicken breast closest to the bone. The chicken breast should register 165º F.
Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot using the handles of the trivet. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve warm.
Here’s my Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE. Drizzle half of the canola oil into the bottom of the Instant Pot container. Stir together the Stone House Seasoning, paprika, and half of the oil in a small bowl to form a paste. Spread half of the paste onto the breast side of the chicken.
- Add the chicken, coated breast side down into the Instant Pot. Cook until the breast side of the chicken has browned, about 5 minutes. Carefully brush the remaining paste onto the bottom portion of the chicken. Using long tongs, carefully lift your chicken out of the Instant Pot and carefully place it into the Instant Pot trivet with handles.
- Pour the chicken stock (or broth) into the Instant Pot and then carefully place the trivet with the chicken back into the Instant Pot. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and set the Instant Pot to HIGH pressure for 25 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure, about 15 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the chicken by inserting an internal meat thermometer into the breast of the chicken. It should register 165º F.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot using the trivet with handles. Place onto a serving platter and brush with the seasoned cooking liquid.