Margherita Pizza Recipe
Margherita Pizza is one of the most delicious pizzas, in my opinion. It is the one I turn to time and again. Luckily, it is easy enough to make a yummy Margherita Pizza at home that you won’t even want to go out to a restaurant for one!
It results in a pizza that adults and kids alike love – especially my son’s buddies when they come over on pizza night.
To make my Margherita Pizza, sometimes we smoke it on our Big Green Egg, but to make it quickly for a weeknight perk, I use my 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven. It makes for a perfectly browned, crispy crust every time.
Here’s my Margherita Pizza recipe. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
- ½ recipe perfect pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ pound Mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch thick slices or grated
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 475º F. Drizzle 12-inch cast iron skillet with olive oil. Press pizza dough into the bottom of the skillet, creating a bit of an edge up the side of the skillet.
- Spread pizza sauce on the pizza dough and layer with Mozzarella cheese and tomato slice. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until edges of crust have browned and pizza has cooked throughout, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange basil leaves on top of pizza, slice and serve.
This post contains affiliate links.