Delicious Margherita Pizza recipe with classic mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil atop homemade pizza dough. It’s fresh, simple, and easy to make this crowd-favorite pizza!
It is so easy to make this fresh, bubbly, and loaded-with-flavor margherita pizza at home that you will prefer it over your favorite pizza restaurant!
It results in a pizza that adults and kids alike love and is a great addition to pizza night for family and friends!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
Pizza Dough – use half of this recipe
Mozzarella Cheese – Sliced
Tomato – One fresh, ripe tomato, sliced
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Basil – Use a bunch of fresh, whole basil leaves
How to Make Margherita Pizza
- Prep. Preheat oven and drizzle cast iron skillet with olive oil. Press the pizza dough into the bottom of the skillet as directed in the recipe.
- Top the pizza dough. Spread pizza sauce on the pizza dough and layer with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. Then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake. Place in the oven and bake until the edges have browned and the pizza has cooked throughout, as directed. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Top with Basil and Serve. Arrange fresh basil leaves on top of the pizza, slice and serve.
Sometimes, we smoke pizza on our Big Green Egg, but most of the time, I use my 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven. It makes for a perfectly browned, crispy crust every time. It’s delicious and so easy to make!
If you tried this Margherita Pizza Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Margherita Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven to 475º F. Drizzle 12-inch cast iron skillet with olive oil. Press pizza dough into the bottom of the skillet, creating a bit of an edge up the side of the skillet.
- Spread pizza sauce on the pizza dough and layer with Mozzarella cheese and tomato slice. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until edges of crust have browned and pizza has cooked throughout, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange basil leaves on top of pizza, slice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.