This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Margherita Pizza is one of the most delicious pizzas, in my opinion. It is the one I turn to time and again. Luckily, it is easy enough to make a yummy Margherita Pizza at home that you won’t even want to go out to a restaurant for one!
For my Margherita Pizza, I keep the ingredients simple. Tomatoes, garlic, basil, cheese, oregano are just about all that I use along with my favorite homemade pizza sauce and pizza dough.
It results in a pizza that adults and kids alike love – especially my son’s buddies when they come over on pizza night.
To make my Margherita Pizza, sometimes we smoke it on our Big Green Egg, but to make it quickly for a weeknight perk, I use my 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven. It makes for a perfectly browned, crispy crust every time.
Here’s my Margherita Pizza recipe. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
Margherita Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese cut into 1-inch thick slices or grated
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 475º F. Drizzle 12-inch cast iron skillet with olive oil. Press pizza dough into the bottom of the skillet, creating a bit of an edge up the side of the skillet.
- Spread pizza sauce on the pizza dough and layer with Mozzarella cheese and tomato slice. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until edges of crust have browned and pizza has cooked throughout, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange basil leaves on top of pizza, slice and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
This post contains affiliate links.
Yes, please! This is the perfect Friday night dinner!!
This looks heavenly! I’ve got to try a pizza in my cast iron skillet! Happy weekend Robyn!
Pizza is my Friday night food. Love margherita pizza. This looks amazing! Beautiful photos.
My husband is not a big fan, but I LOVE margherita pizza! Oh well — more for me… 😀
We love margherita pizza! I’m going to have to try making it in a cast iron skillet next time!
I am utterly in LOVE with this piiiiiiizza! Good thing tonight is pizza night 😉
This is my all-time favorite pizza, especially in the summer, when tomatoes and basil are at their best! Wonderful recipe, Robyn!
This looks fabulous! I first had Margherita Pizza in Italy. Being Italian, we had simple pizza recipes at home growing up, sauce and cheese, but not really quite like those I had in Italy…love it! This recipe looks true to what I had in Italy, and it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
This sounds so very good to me!! Pinning it!!
Delish—i used refrigerated basil from a jar and it was a perfect addition. I will be making this one again not only for dinner with soup or salad but a perfect party appetizer.