This Nutella No Bake Cookies recipe make a delicious, simple no bake cookie recipe. Perfect for cooking with kids.
Growing up my mother would make fudgy oatmeal cookies with my sister and me. We’d stand in chairs with the back turned around, pulled close to the counter to pass our mother the next ingredients needed for these magical cookies.
And as I grew older, mother would allow us to take turns stirring the cookies as they cooked. It was a major moment when I’d reached the age where mother let me stir. I felt so grown and proud of myself. I’d forgotten about it until today when making them, my son asked, “Mama, can I stir the cookies?”
And I knew this is what it’s all about. Sharing glimpses of my childhood, traditions and lessons, with my son. Building positive memories with him. One day when he has a family of his own, I hope he takes time to share the same with his children.
And now, to the cookie.
Traditionally, this cookie is made with peanut butter, but honestly, we were almost out of peanut butter in my house. But I noticed a jar of nutella peeking out at me from the pantry shelf. And a star was born.
Here’s how I make it.
The cast of characters includes cocoa, vanilla, butter, Nutella, oats, sugar, and milk.
Pour sugar into a medium size pot over low heat.
Don’t you just love a waterfall of sugar? Wow.
Toss in your cocoa.
Pour in your milk.
Whisk the ingredients together and continue to stir until it begins to reach a hard boil, about 5 minutes.
Add in nutella.
Yum, this stuff is really sinfully delicious.
I had to get a photograph of Little Buddy as the official cookie maker! Look how precious! And there was not one photograph where he wasn’t talking. He’s a talker!
Toss in your oats and stir some more.
Add in your vanilla.
Scoop out your cookies and drop them onto parchment. I love to use my tablespoon scoop, but grew up just using two tablespoons to scoop out my cookies.
Notice those little ‘droppings’ on the parchment paper? We were always allowed to eat these little babies. You know what that means, don’t you? We had a ton more droppings than we really should have. I can’t help myself, I still do it.
Cause those little things are mighty good. I wonder if Little Buddy do the same when he gets older?
Allow to dry and then stand back and watch them disappear.
Here’s my Nutella No Bake Cookies Recipe
Nutella No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 cups quick-cooking oats, 2 cups = thinner, molten-like cookie, 3 cups = thicker, chewier cookie
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium stockpot.
- Cook over medium to low heat until reaches a rolling boil stage.
- Allow to hold the boiling stage for about two minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal, nutella, butter, and vanilla.
- Whisk until it is ready to drop onto waxed paper, about three minutes.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture and drop onto waxed paper.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- The longer the cookies stand on the waxed paper to air dry, the harder they will become.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.